- BERMAC was established in 2016 and is a privately owned Property Consultancy/Advisory business
- Independence is the key point of difference for BERMAC who aren’t aligned to any single real estate agency, commercial valuer or other property services provider. This ensures the client is getting key unbiased information and expertise from an independent specialist.
- The Directors of BERMAC are involved with the implementation and delivery of the clients requirements. They engage in a partnership approach with clients offering a bespoke and tailored service
- Decision making qualities exist naturally and is a point of difference BERMAC brings to asset management ensuring property ownership is as passive as the client wants it to be.
- The two Directors, Warren Berman and Zane McAlpine have over 40 years combined experience in commercial real estate,
- Significant experience in tenant retention strategies for Landlords with over 35,000m² of net lettable area negotiated and secured over the last 3 years.
- Hands on experience working for and in a variety of large Property Management service providers across many different asset classes, and who can bring global and local best practices to your asset or portfolio whilst maintaining an approach that is personal, private and discreet.
- Established relationships in multiple markets with a variety of stakeholders (landlord, tenant, contractors, real estate agents, consultants and other professionals)
- Bermac Property Limited is a Licensed Agent under the Real Estate Agents Act 2008.
Prior to the formation of BERMAC, Warren ran the CBRE Auckland Asset Services Business for a period of five years. Warren’s responsibilities included managing a team of 15 staff and the overall delivery of Property and Facilities management services covering the Auckland portfolio of CBD and fringe properties owned by a combination of local and overseas private and institutional investors.
Warren has over 25 years’ experience in real estate including positions in South Africa and New Zealand. He ran his own property consultancy business from 2003 to 2007 with his main client being Shortland Management who outsourced the management of their portfolio to him. Warren has also worked for Jones Lang Lasalle and the Franklin Company in New Zealand.
Prior to establishing BERMAC, Zane held the National Director role at CBRE from 2012 to 2016 which saw him responsible for 30 staff, a $2 billion portfolio and over 1 million square metres of net lettable area. Prior to this he was responsible for the Commercial Property Management portfolio (estimated at $500 million) at Oyster Property Group which also included managing investor relations. His property career began at Kea Property Group in 2001 where the fundamentals of property, facilities and financial management were learnt from the ground up during 7 years of service.
Both previous roles at CBRE and Oyster Property Group gave him exposure across multiple markets and regions in NZ and extensively in Auckland, Hamilton, Wellington, and Christchurch.